Monday, September 28, 2015

Eating Vegan on $3/Day: Day 4 (part 1)

FB post:

I've been craving dessert. And chocolate. And I've resisted.

Tonight, driving home, I got the idea to make chocolate pudding.


It needs to cool down but licking out the pot has got me pretty excited. It's pretty darned good. In fact, it's good enough that I think I could serve it, not tell anyone it's vegan, and they probably wouldn't know it.

We'll see how it is later tonight after it has cooled. I made two servings, I'll put one in the freezer and try it as a frozen dessert.

Cost for two servings:
1/4 cup (50 g) sugar: $.05
1/4 cup (28 g) cocoa: $.28
1 cup home made soy milk: $.04
1 1/2 Tbsp. corn starch: not sure, will have to check

So, it will cost $.37 + the cost of some corn starch for 2 servings. Maybe around $.20/serving.

Preparation time: @ 20 minutes (mostly waiting for the milk to heat up, stirring pretty constantly).

Per serving:

Calories: 120
Fat: 4 g
Total carbs: 20 g
Protein: 8 g

I think this will totally fit into my $3/day budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment