Monday, September 28, 2015

12 x down, 13 x up: A formula for survival with style

The title is taken from the Berrigan brothers. I don't know where they wrote it, but I read it in high school:

Formula for survival with style: 12 x down, 13 x up.

I'm starting this blog because I want a place outside of FaceBook to put up articles that could stay permanently accessible. I've thought about this for some time but the most recent impetus was the Eating Vegan on $3/Day experiment I engage in that is now documented here. The article which inspired this experiment invited others to share their experiences. I posted about it on FaceBook but not everyone is on FaceBook. This will give me a place to share that and anything else I feel like writing and putting out to the world.

I had a blog here once before ("Ask The Massage Therapist) and it's still up but inactive. I moved its contents to my website where I continue to blog about massage therapy, pain, and other things related to my profession. I can't remember how to do anything so I'll probably stumble around a bit. This may start out a little messy It's okay. I'll figure it out. For now, I'll be happy if I get the material from the $3/day experiment online.

Don't know how this will evolve. We'll see.